Getting Ready to File 2018 Taxes
It’s that time of year again, tax season! As usual, Cross & Co is here to make sure this process goes smoothly for you, your family, and your business.
To help guide you through completing and filing your tax returns, we have put together a quick guide outlining what you need and how you can make the whole process go as smoothly as possible!
1) You can file online as early as February 18th, 2019;
2) Taxes are due on April 30th;
3) and, If you or your spouse/common-law partner are self-employed, the deadline is June 17th.
Simple Steps to Help the Process:
1) Put together all of your income statements, tax forms/slips, receipts (for relevant or business expenses) and any supporting documentation for deductions and credits you wish to claim. If you have a spouse of dependents, certain deductions or benefits may require their details as well so be prepared to use information from their returns as well
2) Keep these handy! If you submit a paper return, send these documents in with your return. If you file online, keep them in a safe place in case they are needed.
3) Keep your personal information up-to-date. This includes, and is not limited to, your name, marital status, number of dependents, and address. It is also beneficial to keep your banking information updated to speed up the deposit process.
4) Find your 2017 Notice of Assessment. This document will hold plenty of information about your prior year’s submission and let you know if you have unused amounts carrying over that you can claim for tuition, moving, and other things.
As always, Cross & Company Chartered Professional Accountants are here to help. Our tax return services can make tax time painless. Whether you are just filing a simple return for yourself or a more complicated one for your business or family, we explore all options for finding credits and deductions.
For more on Cross & Co’s tax services, click here!
If you have any questions or would like to set up an appointment, contact us today.
Want to grow your business? Contact our Nanaimo accountants and bookkeepers today to learn how Cross & Company can support your business.Contact Us Today